Not long after the Civil War, the Queen Anne’s and Kent Railroad laid track to Sudlersville’s doorstep heralding a period of growth. By 1869 the railroad provided transportation not only to those who lived in and around rural Sudlersville, but it also provided a faster means of getting grains and produce to market. By the time a new passenger station was built in 1885, the town had already doubled in size from 15 to 39 homes.
Sudlersville Train Station, at 101 Linden Street, remains at its original site. The historic building was purchased in 1987 and restored by the Sudlersville Community Betterment Club. Today the station houses Jimmy Foxx memorabilia and exhibits which highlight Sudlersville’s history.