Historic Sites Consortium of
Queen Anne's County

[ Home | Guide Map | Historic Sites | Tour Brochure | Calendar of Events | Links | Contact Us ]

Stevensville Train Depot

Stevensville Train Depot

  This train station was built in 1902, when the Queen Anne’s County Railroad Company extended its western terminus 13 miles from Queenstown to Love Point. A connection was then made at Love Point with steamboats for transport across the Chesapeake Bay.

Passengers, seafood and produce were the main cargos from Kent Island to Baltimore. The return trip, through depots like this, brought clothing, iron products, newspapers, and the U.S. Mail to the Eastern Shore.

The rail system ran for more than 60 miles, from Kent Island to Lewes, Delaware. This structure, typical of the period, was moved in 1988 from its original location just north of Stevensville and restored by the Kent Island Heritage Society.

 
 
Physical Address: Cockey's Lane
Stevensville, Maryland
Management Entity: Kent Island Heritage Society, Inc.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 321
Stevensville, Maryland 21666
Admission Fee: Voluntary donations only
Hours of Operation: By appointment and for special events.

First Saturday of the Month, May - October, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Special Events: Kent Island Day
Directions:

Get directions at

MapQuest our location

Historic Sites Consortium of Queen Anne's County
P.O. Box 655
Centerville, Maryland 21617
Phone: 410.758.2502

[ Home | Guide Map | Historic Sites | Tour Brochure | Calendar of Events | Links | Contact Us ]