This train station was built in 1902, when the Queen Anne’s County Railroad Company extended its western terminus 13 miles from Queenstown to Love Point. A connection was then made at Love Point with steamboats for transport across the Chesapeake Bay.
Passengers, seafood and produce were the main cargos from Kent Island to Baltimore. The return trip, through depots like this, brought clothing, iron products, newspapers, and the U.S. Mail to the Eastern Shore.
The rail system ran for more than 60 miles, from Kent Island to Lewes, Delaware. This structure, typical of the period, was moved in 1988 from its original location just north of Stevensville and restored by the Kent Island Heritage Society.